Boosting Blog Traffic With Free Submissions by Josh Manion


Everyone who owns a blog wants it to be read. Most of the time, if you are not familiar with online marketing or know a seo expert, your blog never grows at all. Traffic generation seems to be one of the most widely discussed topics for bloggers in every niche. There is a lot of bad advice out there, and a lot of it is just false. The best way to gain traffic is to have a online marketing company like Red Dragon Web Media rank your blog for you on the first page of Google for your keywords.

In this post I’ll talk about the fast, free and effective methods that I use to increase my blog traffic. Some of these you may have heard before, and hopefully some of them are new or underutilized in your online marketing efforts right now.

Social Media

Social media is one of the most widely used platforms in the world. It makes the most sense to go where the people are right? I try to use as many of the different platforms as I can fit into a day, but I always make sure I use the main three. These three are Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus. I try to use the well known 80-20 rule of online promotion, where I’m posting funny, relevant or useful content 80% of the time, and promoting my brand, sales and products the other 20% of the time. This seems to work well.

Web 2.0 sites

There are a lot of free platforms for you to distribute content on. Some of the most popular ones seem to be WordPress.com, Tumblr, and Hubpages. You simple make an account and start posting your videos, pictures and articles with links back to your site. This gives you a slight ranking increase, but if you do some cross promotions with other Tumblrs you can get massive traffic to your site. The only one that is super picky about the content you publish is Hubpages. It needs to be original and not overly promotional.

Social Bookmarking

Social bookmarking sites allow you to share and save links to great things on the internet. Most of the Social Bookmarking sites are free and a lot of them have tons of daily traffic. some of the most popular social bookmarking sites are BibSonomy, Blinklist and Blogbookmark. Most of these have no publishing guidelines and allow you to link to anything you like.

Web Directories

Web directories have been around for a long time and if you sniff around you can find some really great and powerful web directories. Most web directories have both free and paid options. The free options put you at the bottom of the list for inclusion, and the paid option includes inclusion within a few days in most cases. I like to used the paid options, as most of the time they are just 12.99usd. Some of the most famous directories such as the Yahoo directory are very expensive at around $495 a year. I tend to avoid these.

I hope you end up using some of these to get more traffic to your blog!

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *